Segnalazione natalizia direttamente dal Google Chrome Blog:
Whether it’s bug fixes to the Chromium open source project, dazzling apps and extensions arriving daily in our Web Store, or boundary-pushing Chrome experiments — the Chrome community never fails to inspire us with their awesomeness.
404 Not Found,
This holiday, we wanted to enable the Chrome community to work together for a good cause. Starting today, we invite you to support five worthy causes by counting and “donating” the tabs you open in Chrome.
Everyone’s total tabs will determine a charitable donation made on behalf of the Chrome community, up to one million dollars. Here’s what your tabs can do:
- 10 tabs = 1 tree planted
- 10 tabs = 1 book published and donated
- 25 tabs = 1 vaccination treatment provided
- 100 tabs = 1 square foot of shelter built
- 200 tabs = 1 person’s clean water for a year
To find out more about this effort and the organizations we’re partnering with, visitgoogle.com/chrome/intl/en/p/cause/.
Want to participate?
- Get the Chrome for a Cause extension
- Browse the web with Chrome between December 15 – 19
- At the end of each day, you’ll be prompted to click on the extension to submit your tabs
- Choose which charity you’d like to support with that day’s tabs — you can always support the same charity, or pick a different one each day
Next week, we’ll be sharing the details of the good deeds you’ve enacted. In the meantime, browse away!